Interesting study on the use of Twitter by the Spanish Brands: Twiter use by the Spanish Brands
Every day someone asks me whether I should or should not start using Twitter. My answer is always the same: "... it depends." It depends on many factors: whether you want to use a personal level or at the corporate level, what are your goals, the time you spend surfing the Internet and reading online, etc.
For companies with a brand that must be managed properly, I think it is increasingly clear that Yes should be on Twitter.
Precisely this morning reached my hands (not via Twitter, if not via the newsletter Marketing UOC) a study on the use of Twitter by Spanish companies.
The study would highlight the following:
Twitter applications by companies:
- Communication and News: 84% speak about company news (is that it is easier, really).
- Promotions and Offers: 50% communicate offers and promotions (this is what they look for many users who follow companies).
- Customer: 35% use it for customer service (it's a shame not to do more, but otherwise it is normal, as street level, Twitter is still taking off).
The study indicates that on average, companies continue to 812 users ... so perhaps we should include another use, that is to listen to their customers (their opinions, tastes, habits, etc.) the study does not address this possibility, although this is the essence of 2.0: establish a dialogue with the client (and therefore also to have him as an audience listening).
The volume of what they say:
- Last Tweet: 22% have not published anything in the last 15 days (this is very common ... companies start with good intentions, but then do not allocate the necessary resources [in the form of staff or as outsourcing])
- Age: 40% of accounts have less than one year (everyone is starting)
- Volume of Tweets: Tweets 109 on average per month. Less than 4 Tweets per day. (Sounds good, espamear customer is the last thing to do).
The study is interesting and learned a lot reading it, so I recommend that, little as you can, you spend the 10 minutes required.
You can see here: Study Twiter use by the Spanish Brands
By the way, a couple of things over before saying goodbye:
- Super fun app in which you will see your followers on Twitter (at the foot of literature), Try it makes very funny :-) http://isparade.jp (I discovered via @crhistis On twitter)
- If you want to keep abreast of everything that I discover, follow me on Twitter: Montse Peñarroya
I go all right.
Especialista en estrategia en Marketing Digital. Impartiendo conferencias, formación y consultoría desde hace más de 20 años.