How did all start
Her relationship with the net and the software that lives in it, comes from afar. She started programming when she was 13 (she had a ZX Spectrum 16K). Before the WWW existed, she was already working in international networks, sending messages similar to today's e-mails through these networks. And she knew what data encryption was before the https protocol was invented (she worked at the Treasury Department of Bank of Sabadell).
- She created her first website in 1995.
- She founded her first business in 1999.
- She taught her first classes at the UAB in 2002.
Along with Jaume Clotet and Ivánd del Muro, Montse founded Alt64 Digital, in 2004. Since its beginning, the company has been dedicated to the commercialization of tools to improve the productivity of online businesses, though they also offered Digital Marketing consulting services.
This is the company that imports the Eyetrackers (computers that work with the sight and allow performing usability analysis with empirical data) to Spain.
After two years of Alt64's foundation, she decided to split the consulting area from the area of products commercialization to avoid competing with the clients in this areas. At the same time, Montserrat founded Quadrant Alfa, S.L.
in 2002, after finishing the Degree in Foreign Trade and International Marketing at UAB, this university invited Montse to give a lecture about International Digital Marketing to some of the students at the Graduate School.
From this moment, Montserrat started teaching regularly in other editions of the masters in marketing and distribution at UAB. At the same time, she started receiving invitations to teach in other subjects related to Digital Marketing in other universities and business schools.
If you wish to know all the masters, postgraduates and specialization courses in which Montse takes part, please, visit the training side of this website.
In the photo next to this block, Montserrat is receiving the title "Best rated teacher" in the delivery of diplomas of Masters in Marketing and Distribution at UAB 2012-2013 Edition (we must say that she was not the only winning teacher of this award).
Work is not everything
Thank you for wanting to know more about me.
I have three great hobbies: cooking, reading and music.
- About cooking, I write a cooking blog with lots of recipes: Kitchen House
- About reading, my favorite genre is Sci-Fi. I read the majority of the books published in Spain of this genre. You can read some of the books I've read in Library Thing or on the reviews part of this website.
- About music, I love New Age above the rest, though I like all kinds of music in general. I play the piano whenever I can, and I compose songs when I feel inspired. I can also sing: I am contralt at "Chamber Choir Father Vidal".
- I have a fourth hobby, which I can only do in weekends video games. I play video games since I was 9 and I've never stopped doing it. In my early years, I even coded some. For years I've been playing Age of Empires and all its variables, Civilization IV , I dedicated over 3 years to AION, 3 more to HayDay, SimCity, FalloutShelter and others of the same kind... though right now I'm going out to catch Pokemons.
When I had free time (it's been more than 15 years since this happened) I also did oil painting and pottery. Now I have the oven, the lathe, mill, easels, paint boxes and everything else, stored in a warehouse, hoping that someday I have free time again. The last exhibition I took part in happened before I entered Intercom, in 1998.
Have I said that I am mother of three kids yet? I have a son named Jaume (26 years old), a daugther named Mireia (24 years old) and another daughter named Georgina (18 years old). They are the best thing that happened in my life. Any mother/father would agree that there is no project or enterprise better than raising and helping your kids grow..
A big hug.