Go class of yesterday! I do not feel very happy even though a good number of students got everything to work ... many did not. And thank goodness that Alfons and other people who got it to work helped me get by solving the incidences of the rest.
On the one hand, I now realize that next time to impart this kind have to reduce the number of attendees and secondly, I have to centralize all students in one ISP to seeing a single control panel can work all (and will be the www.sync.esOf course, he was the one who gave no problems). But ... we get to the point which is what I've written this post.
Like many not hit one out WordPress install and operate 3.0 left with were to repeat the session this coming Monday at 10 am, if I got a classroom at the Graduate School. Unfortunately this has not been possible, because I did not remember that Administration is making summer time and contacted them last 15h. So I could not request the classroom.
What I will do is this: the first thing Monday morning I will ask for the classroom Thursday 29 10 am to 2 noon. As soon as I confirm it, the public and comment on this blog.
On the other hand, that ye quedasteis half or who failed installation, please Look back the following:
- What do you have:
- Login and pasword of the hosting contract
- Domain name directed to the contracted hosting.
- Name of the database, the user name (with administrative rights) and password.
- FTP client (Filezilla is good).
- Download WordPress 3.0 to install on the hosting contract.
- If you have already installed WordPress, well, you have a login and password to access the content manager WordPress
- Critical points where mistakes can be made are:
- Create a database and a user, but not assign the user to a particular database or not give admin permissions to that user.
- While not pass WordPress from your computer to the server (FTP) and lose some files along the way.
- Paswords logins and confused when installing WordPress asks for data from the database.
- The hosting can have problems with WordPress 3.0
- How to fix these problems:
- Look over the database created. This will be able to see it on the control panel hosting contract.
- WordPress hosting up to carefully and making sure that all files uploaded.
- A mistake that had users who hired the hosting CDmon was that the FTP there is already a file called index.html and index.php when we get our WordPress conflicts with it. You must delete the index.html. That makes WordPress installation can begin well.
- Creating a good document with the logins and paswords all, so that it is clear what is what.
- Using WordPress version 2.9 if doing the installation and have no problem but when you hang up critical errors and gives you no way to enter the control panel of the content manager.
Mi consejo es que intentéis hacerlo vosotros solos este fin de semana y los días que quedan. Empezad de nuevo con todo: borrad la base de datos, creadla de nuevo, revisad todos los logins y passwords y subid de nuevo WordPress al servidor (no hace falta borrar la nueva versión, podéis indicarle al FTP que “machaque” los ficheros anteriores). Buscad por internet un buen manual de instalación de WordPress (en wordpress.org mismo lo encontraréis).
Come on, good luck! If all goes well, see you on Thursday, we will conduct an installation again and again we will see how to use templates (themes - themes) and how to modify them. We will also install some plugins so you can see how it works, including facilitating auto_install codes Google Analytics.
A big hug.
Especialista en estrategia en Marketing Digital. Impartiendo conferencias, formación y consultoría desde hace más de 20 años.