Last January 27 took place in Intercom 10 years SoloStocks. Although as indicated by its current CEO Philipp Gavaldà, the date is not exactly this since there was a name change through and there was also a small corporate change.
The actual chronology was roughly as follows:
- First half of 1999 functional analysis is performed to create a market place for buying and selling wholesale products.
- Second half of the 1999 program implementation and design of the corporate image is performed. Digital Commerce is, S.A. the company that will manage the portal.
- We put online in December 1999 the first version of Infostocks.net and started looking for content. The first 100 stocks believe were achieved in February. It was incredibly hard, since no one wanted to put products into an empty market. We got it based on acts of faith of friends & family. It was also hard because many companies still did not use the email and the Web as tools to generate business.
- March 2000 Infostocks.net name is left (passing as Infojobs.net, we did not have the .com domain), so we decided to change the name ... (Infojobs chose to buy the .com when I had enough money to do so) and we become SoloStocks.com.
- We started to grow and the market began to be self-feeding. I had the pleasure and the honor of leading this company during its first 4 years.
The market place has lasted more than 10 years online, and the times, this is quite an achievement. In addition, we must conclude that it does in full power, constantly growing and developing new markets.
Currently, SoloStocks has 400,000 active compounds (ie, that are on sale at this time), more than 1 million registered users and over 5 million unique visitors per month. It is the largest B2B marketplace in Spain, both registered as visits to your website business. Quite an achievement !!
Internationally, SoloStocks has a presence in 12 countries: Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico. And continues to expand throughout Latin America to become the largest Spanish-language B2B market.
So there is much to celebrate, there will be organized a great party and that we should celebrate these 10 years all together.
The party took place at the offices of Intercom in Sant Cugat and we met a lot of people. I took a visit to greet old friends, catch up on their new achievements and as always in these cases, ask for one and all for absent members ... so that somehow it was a celebration a little nostalgic, but no less interesting and fun.
The attached image is a photograph I took at the end of the celebration.
I hope that within 10 years we can celebrate together again and again!
A big hug.
Specialist Digital Marketing Strategy and Digitization Process. I help businesses and territories to develop thanks to the use of Internet in their business strategies.
Impart conferences, training and consulting for over 20 years. Program Director of the Degree of Entrepreneurship Digital (Digital Business) La Salle - URL.
My digital DNA comes from Intercom (creators of Infojobs, Softonic, eMagister, Solostocks, among other companies). I created my first website in 1994 and started my first online business in 1998.
I am at your disposal for whatever you need. Let's talk.