On February 28 I have the pleasure of imparting Building Workshop for Cultural Business Websites which organizes the BDS (Business Development Service of the Catalan Institute of Cultural Industries).
La duración del taller será de 5 horas (de 9:00 a 14:00) y el objetivo es que al terminar las 5 horas, todos los presentes consigan poner online una página web, perfectamente funcional, con un gestor de contenidos y con una plantilla especialmente pensada para páginas corporativas. Los alumnos avanzados podrán aprender también cómo se instala un comercio electrónico.
During the session, students will learn to create a database using a program that goes up files to a hosting (FTP), learn how to install a content manager (in this case is the WordPress) and learn how to change templates that allow you to customize the website to get make it unique and how content is managed.
You do not need technical expertise to do so.
For it will be necessary for students:
- bring their own laptops WIFI connection and power cord (the classroom have enough outlets for computers)
- A domain name for the website you want to create (for example: vuestronombre.com). You can buy here www.sync.es or any ISP and costs about 13 euros per year.
- A hosting in that you can host the web, I recommend to www.sync.es why your control panel is simple and easy to handle (but any will do). The hosting should be as simple that you find with PHP and mySQL (it is important to allow the creation of a database). The cost of this type of hosting is between 38 euros and 50 euros per year (depending on ISP). For example, this hosting: http://www.sync.es/hosting/virtuales-linux100.php
- It will facilitate the work if students arrive already with an FTP client installed on your computer (I recommend Filezilla is free and can be downloaded from Softonic)
- It will also facilitate the work if students arrive with the latest version of WordPress downloaded. It can be done from here in Castilian: WordPress in CastilianAnd from here in Catalan: WordPress in Catalan. If someone wants the multilanguage site, which either download and install class and see how a plugin that allows you to have a website in all languages as necessary.
Having all this takes an active couple of days ... so better not wait until the last minute to buy because they serve to have it ready in class.
The workshop must be reached with the login and password control panel of the contracted accommodation. This is sent by email when hiring the hosting is done.
The workshop will be held on February 28 from 9:00 to 14:00 in the Universidad Pompeu Fabra - ESCI-Born classroom Edifici 4.1 (Pg. Pujades, 1) Barcelona (Attention to the seat! It's the same university, but not the same building in which we impart training normally BDS Digital Marketing, this office is on the other side of the Parc de la Ciutadella, between the courts and Commerce Street).
For more information about this course, please contact the SDE.
Note to blog readers who are in GironaThis course will impart in Girona in early March and will be specially designed for tourism businesses. I'll write a post soon showing the exact time and place in which it is performed. organizes Costa Brava Tourism.
We talk to each other.
Especialista en estrategia en Marketing Digital. Impartiendo conferencias, formación y consultoría desde hace más de 20 años.