At the request of various Masters students at UAB, I finally decided to impart clase de WordPress all students of any of the Masters Courses Pmasters I teach in the class of Digital Marketing.
To do this, Pmasters has given us the Classroom 2 for Thursday July 21. Hours are from 9 am to 1 pm.
To attend this class, confirm attendance via the intranet of Pmasters as places are limited to 50.
In the class of basic WordPress we will see:
- How it works hosting service.
- How a database is created.
- How does an FTP program and how you can use to upload files to our hosting.
- How WordPress is installed.
- How it works at a basic level (publication and page entries).
- How can I change the language.
- How you can customize its appearance for longer looks like a blog and become a corporate website.
- Creating the basic sections of a corporate website.
No technical knowledge for installing WordPress are needed, how little there is to know is what I explain in class.
What there is to go prepared with certain things:
If you want to leave the class with a professional web running the following is required:
- bring your laptop itself WIFI connection and power cord (the classroom have enough outlets for computers)
- A domain name for the website you want to create (for example: vuestronombre.com). You can buy here www.sync.es or any ISP and costs about 13 euros per year.
- A hosting in that you can host the web, I recommend to www.sync.es why your control panel is simple and easy to handle (but any will do). The hosting should be as simple that you find with PHP and mySQL (it is important to allow the creation of a database). The cost of this type of hosting is between 40 euros and 60 euros per year (depending on ISP). For example, this hosting: http://www.sync.es/hosting/virtuales-linux100.php. In www.CDMon.com they also have a well priced hosting also, and comes preinstalled WordPress ... so save a lot of work to students (https://www.cdmon.com/cas/hosting/alojamiento-web/) See "Junior" and "Senior". The domain can also be purchased at the same company.
- Students should already arrive with an FTP client installed on your computer (I recommend Filezilla is free and can be downloaded from Softonic) There is a version for Mac and PC.
- It will also facilitate the work if students arrive with the latest version of WordPress downloaded. It can be done from here in Castilian: WordPress in CastilianAnd from here in Catalan: WordPress in Catalan. If someone wants the multilanguage site, which either download and install class and see how a plugin that allows you to have a website in all languages as necessary.
Having all this takes an active couple of days ... so better not wait until the last minute to buy because they serve to have it ready in class.
The workshop must be reached with the login and password control panel of the contracted accommodation. This is sent by email when hiring the hosting is done.
For students who wish to follow the class, but do not need to have a professional web and learn prefer a free blog, I recommend you sign up www.wordpress.com and have their own blog. This way they can follow the second half of the class, when we explain how it works from within WordPress. Some features are disabled, but others do ... so at least we can begin to see how they could have their own website, without having to make an initial investment in buying a domain and hiring a hosting.
Well, that's all. Please, do not forget to confirm your attendance.
(In case anyone does not know where the Aula 2 Pmasters, here's a map)
See bigger map
Specialist Digital Marketing Strategy and Digitization Process. I help businesses and territories to develop thanks to the use of Internet in their business strategies.
Impart conferences, training and consulting for over 20 years. Program Director of the Degree of Entrepreneurship Digital (Digital Business) La Salle - URL.
My digital DNA comes from Intercom (creators of Infojobs, Softonic, eMagister, Solostocks, among other companies). I created my first website in 1994 and started my first online business in 1998.
I am at your disposal for whatever you need. Let's talk.