On Thursday 10 January, Telefónica presented its report on the Information Society in Spain. From my point of view this is one of the most comprehensive reports on this country, so throughout 2012've been working on my classes with the data presented last year and eagerly awaiting the report this year, to update difras data with 2012 (the 2012 report was created with data from 2011).
Thursday finally presented it and hung on the internet. This is a summary of the highlights.
- The age group that grows more in terms of access to Internet is bringing together people between 55 and 64 years, Rising from 37.7% to 43.7%. It is the group with more penetration (are 16-24 years, with 96% of them connected to the Internet) but states that the digital divide because of age is decreasing.
- Communication between people has also been digitized: We communicate daily with more people through social networks (with about 23 people on average) than personally (16 individuals per day). This is food for thought ... especially the detractors of social networks or those who consider the Internet is a tool that isolates individuals.
- Applications grow exponentially, by 140% in 2012. We have "gone down" 2.7 million apps per day. Clearly the market for mobile applications is growing much faster than the computer software.
- Smartphone penetration, with 63.2% of mobile phone users it is the highest in the EU5, and makes Spain one of the countries with the park's most advanced mobile world.
- The mobile phone is the growth engine of the Internet, More than 43% of users are connected via these terminals; 210% more than in 2011. This is what the report says, but I fear that reality goes faster. The report uses data from June and July 2012 ... and in November it reported that Telefonica had already reached 50% of internet connections through a mobile phone.
- The number of mobile devices with Internet access grew by 68% over to 2011 at the rate of a million a month high in the last quarter.
- E-commerce is growing very significantlyDuring the first quarter of 2012 revenues reached 2,452 million euros, 19.3% more than in the same period last year. Although the figures showing the INE are not so good ... in fact, they are very low (only 14.2% of Spanish companies have sold something directly via internet).
Here I leave the video with the summary of this report.
The full report can read it here: Phone Information Society 2012
I hope you find it useful.
Specialist Digital Marketing Strategy and Digitization Process. I help businesses and territories to develop thanks to the use of Internet in their business strategies.
Impart conferences, training and consulting for over 20 years. Program Director of the Degree of Entrepreneurship Digital (Digital Business) La Salle - URL.
My digital DNA comes from Intercom (creators of Infojobs, Softonic, eMagister, Solostocks, among other companies). I created my first website in 1994 and started my first online business in 1998.
I am at your disposal for whatever you need. Let's talk.