For a couple of weeks ago Facebook is facilitating the work of all those companies that have finally decided to spend their profiles pages. For it has created a new feature that allows conversion in a minimum of time.
This is a problem that affects a large number of companies and entities that once, instead of creating their chips as page, used a profile person. This practice, sometimes it was deliberate, because a profile of person you could write on the wall of someone, but from a page could not do it ... this changed a few months ago, and now no excuse for not doing things right:
- From a page you can write on the wall of anyone.
- The pages have statistics.
- The registration forms pages are designed for businesses and institutions, not profiles (a profile asks age, sex, music you like, etc.)
- Pages have an unlimited number of fans (which does not happen with the profiles, which are limited to 5,000 friends).
- Pages allow the inclusion of HTML code that makes them more attractive and more features.
- Facebook editorial standards indicate that businesses and other entities should not use pages and profiles.
So the reasons are many.
The problem until recently, was that you could only migrate a profile person to a company page by hand. With this new tool, Facebook facilitates the transfer of part of the profile information to a new page, but not all. Migra profile pictures and migrates all friends (this was the heaviest). But does not migrate the complementary content. What it does provide is information to download content and then re-upload it on the page.
We can perform the migration by clicking here: Profile Migration to pages
Find more information on the subject of migration and the facilities to migrate content clicking here: info on migration profiles to pages
I hope this information will be useful.
We talk to each other.
Specialist Digital Marketing Strategy and Digitization Process. I help businesses and territories to develop thanks to the use of Internet in their business strategies.
Impart conferences, training and consulting for over 20 years. Program Director of the Degree of Entrepreneurship Digital (Digital Business) La Salle - URL.
My digital DNA comes from Intercom (creators of Infojobs, Softonic, eMagister, Solostocks, among other companies). I created my first website in 1994 and started my first online business in 1998.
I am at your disposal for whatever you need. Let's talk.