In classes and conferences dedicated to International Digital Marketing There are always those who ask me how to get useful to perform Search Engine Marketing in remote countries data.
My answer is always that when someone meets the need to know which search engines dominate in each country, its evolution over the years and the percentage of searches performed on them, we can find it on this website: GS Statcounter.
For example, did you know the following?
- Globally, the last month, Google dominates 90% of searches: Searches worldwide
- The last two months, Bing (the new MSN search engine) is catching up with Yahoo, which is losing market share in favor of the latter and also in favor of Google: Yahoo Bing reaching
- Google rampaging in Spain with 97%: Google rampaging in Spain
- In Andorra, the most used search engine is Google (with 96%) but Bing has surpassed Yahoo for 4 months: Andorran also use Bing
- Google is also in Cuba who destroys searches (97% this month): Cubans are doing Google
- In Russia, a local search engine has almost the same market share Google. It is Yandex, created in 1997 and for years was the number one search engine in the Russian Federation: Compidiendo with Google Yandex in Russia
- In China, local search engine Baidu searches sweeps also an unrelenting pace with last year: Baidu Sweeps China. Google does nothing to lose market share in this country. It is not therefore surprising that Google Tomase 2% stake in Baidu when it went public in 2005 ... but now that the war is serious, Google has sold its stake Baidu (earning more than $ 50 million from the sale) and decided to go for it.
- In Hong Kong, Yahoo is ahead of Google, and Baidu does not eat a donut: Yahoo beats Google in Hong Kong
- In Japan, Google and Yahoo are not so far apart, though Google dominates the market: Google and Yahoo in Japan
So if we need information on search engines or browsers, operating systems, mobile phones, etc. in GS Statcounter we can find interesting information for international digital marketing conditions.
With this information we can use different actions Search Engine Optimization to a particular country or a particular language, and advertising campaigns in search engines (SEM) without having to rely forever on Google and its network.
I hope this information will be useful.
Especialista en estrategia en Marketing Digital. Impartiendo conferencias, formación y consultoría desde hace más de 20 años.