I'm taking these calm days to prepare a class to which I call "Internet Update"I explain it to alumni from previous years new this last course in this way they are always current.
It's amazing how much things change in a year! Since the trends in design, usability, new tools, new social networks, and of course, changes in the Google algorithm.
Among all these changes there is one of special importance both in terms of personal branding and in terms of SEO.
- At the level of personal brand management: It is to get your photo appears next to the results of Google when they refer to your site.
- A level SEO: It is to get Google know that you are the author of well-positioned content and that are visited by users. It is, is improving Author Rank of your website.
Let's see how it works.
How to get the photo to appear and Google recognize you as an author?
There are several actions that we take to achieve:
- Google directly indicate who are the authors of this page. To do this we must enter our personal Google+ profile and in the section "About Me" to "links" to "Contributes" to register our web pages. But this action is not enough. Google needs to verify that this is true. To do this, we can do 2 things ...
- On our website, each of the pages that are authors, include a link to our Google+ profile with label rel = "author" within the link. For an example, in this same page you are now, look at the source code link to Google+ you'll find in the right column.
- Another way to show that you are the author of a website Google is recording in an e-mail domain of the website. That is, in your Google+ account include mail notifications as an e-mail belonging to the domain on which you want to show that you are the author. Google will verify the e-mail and think you're the author or coauthor of this web.
- There is another action reinforcement so that Google can create you are the author of something: include your name under the title of the articles you write. For example, in this blog, you will see that the title is my name. A few months ago this was not the case since as I am the author of the content of this blog, it seemed redundant sign all items ... but I changed when the author began to gain importance.
It took me 48 hours to get the picture next to my articles on Google results pages. I did 4 actions described here, but according to Google with the 1 and the 2 is sufficient, or 1 and 3 is also sufficient. So yourself.
I hope this information has been helpful.
You spend a good holiday if you're at it :-)
Specialist Digital Marketing Strategy and Digitization Process. I help businesses and territories to develop thanks to the use of Internet in their business strategies.
Impart conferences, training and consulting for over 20 years. Program Director of the Degree of Entrepreneurship Digital (Digital Business) La Salle - URL.
My digital DNA comes from Intercom (creators of Infojobs, Softonic, eMagister, Solostocks, among other companies). I created my first website in 1994 and started my first online business in 1998.
I am at your disposal for whatever you need. Let's talk.