10 metric to follow to control your ROI of Social Media Marketing (SMM).
One of the problems of Social Media Marketing (SMM) is that it is difficult to measure the ROI of the shares are held. The usual metrics Digital Marketing and eBusiness can not be applied in the SMM. So you have to look for other metrics, or settle for not measure ROI. Since the latter option is not acceptable under any point of view, let's see what we could use metrics to measure the success or failure of our investment in Social Media Marketing.
1. The size of our social network.
One of the main objectives of having a presence on Social Media Sites (SMS) is to achieve a communication environment with the maximum number of people forming part of it, we begin to measure this. Metrics to follow in this case would be:
- The number of members of our social network
- The growth rate of our social network
Another objective of our presence in Social Media Sites is to get commercial or directly, new customer contacts. So it makes sense that this metric also part of the analysis:
- Number of business contacts made in the Social Media Sites (SMS)
- Number of clients achieved in SMS
- Conversion ratio: number of customers or contacts / number of members of our network
3. Participation in Social Media Sites
Following the objectives that justify our presence in the SMS, we see that one of them is to get the maximum information about the behavior of our users or our target audience. Therefore, it makes sense that we measure everything that is related to this goal:
- Minority interest in our social network (as questions, comments, greetings ... whatever, but it has been done by someone who is not us).
- Recommendations or invitations third to our network.
- Number of "new ideas" or "good ideas" we have obtained thanks to the participation of our clients or our target audience, and that will improve our products or services.
4. The mark
Our participation in the SMS also aims to achieve greater brand awareness. Therefore, we should also look for metrics that show us our evolution in this regard. Some of these metrics include:
- Sometimes we cited in other SMS or on other websites in general (it is easy to control it with Google Alerts, or just looking for references to our brand, on Google).
- permanent links to our blog, our SMS or tool you're using to participate in Social Media Sites.
So we can see that the task of controlling the ROI of our investment in Social Media Marketing is simpler for us and seemed to have metrics that help us track our presence in Social Media Sites.
If you perform actions Social Media Marketing (SMM) do not forget to integrate these 10 metrics on your scorecard.
Specialist Digital Marketing Strategy and Digitization Process. I help businesses and territories to develop thanks to the use of Internet in their business strategies.
Impart conferences, training and consulting for over 20 years. Program Director of the Degree of Entrepreneurship Digital (Digital Business) La Salle - URL.
My digital DNA comes from Intercom (creators of Infojobs, Softonic, eMagister, Solostocks, among other companies). I created my first website in 1994 and started my first online business in 1998.
I am at your disposal for whatever you need. Let's talk.